Mom’s Guilt in this generation is at an all-time high. Have you every thought why we mom suffer from mom’s guilt and how could we get rid of it?
Moms guilt is for real & we all mom feels it weather we are scrolling though our phone, working or taking a small break for ourself it all leads us to this guilt & this emotion is created by how we are judging ourself which is not at all good.
Its totally ok to take a break or to scroll through your phone or even to be a working mom. You don’t need to feel guilty because everything you think of yourself is not always the truth.
“Of all the judgments we pass in life, none is more important than the judgment we pass on ourselves.”-Nathaniel Branden
“Self-care is how you take your power back.” -Lalah Delia
Things That Could Help You Deal With It & Get Rid Of It
- Schedule Your Day: One thing that works for me is when i spend the entire day as planned it helps me feel more productive & happy.
- Choose The Right People To Surround Yourself: The company really matters its always better to space yourself out from the negative people who stir up the mom guilt in you. Personal boundaries are necessary for your mental health.
- Be There For Your Child : Make sure you at a personal level feel satisfied of the time spent with your child because if you yourself is not satisfied mom guilt will never leave you.
- Self Care : Its very important to take care of yourself too. A happy mom can only make a happy house.
- Imperfections Is Good: You don’t always have to be perfect in everything. Take a step back & relax. It ok if you forget doing something you had to before sending your child to school & its also ok to not let your house look spick & span all the time.
Make sure you choose to pick up your battle. You always don’t need to give an explanation to others and you need not waste your time & energy on them. Its better to put your foot down when you really feel the need of it.
Dealing with mom guilt can feel very overwhelming, but you can learn to work through it. Take time to find what works for you. Keep in mind that what works for other moms might not work for you, but don’t give up. You deserve a peace of mind and comfort in knowing that you are a good mom, with some tough days, but you are doing your best and those little ones (and big ones) love you very much.