Many studies show that toddlers and pre-schoolers who are read to every day have a larger vocabulary than those who aren’t read to at all. It turns out that reading there are many advantages and benefits of reading.Not only does reading enhance a child’s vocabulary, and to help them understand how to read and write, but reading aloud to children also helps them to understand different topics about the world and every day life.
𝟏. 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞: 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘦𝘥. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘦𝘥𝘨𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘣𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘣.
𝟐. 𝐕𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐲: 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘷𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘣𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘴, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘱𝘩𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴.
𝟑. 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲: 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘶𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦.
𝟒. 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘱𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴, 𝘴𝘸𝘢𝘱 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴, 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘦.𝘉𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘥𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭.
5. Thirst For Knowledge: Reading may make your child develop an interest in different cultures or languages. There is nothing better seeing a child who loves to learn.
6. Imagination : Reading develops a child’s imagination and creativity
7. Memory: Following a storyline involves using memory. The more children use their memory, the stronger this skill becomes.
8. Problem Solving : Life is full of problems & the one who reads finds it easy to find solutions as Every good story is filled with many opportunities to solve problems. Characters find themselves in all kinds of situations and seek solutions to resolve them.
9. Stress Relief: Reading is a calming activity and one that many adults engage in for relaxation. Some do it for stimulation and to learn, others just to relax and escape.
10. Create A Bond: Spending time with one another, reading, and talking, can bring parents closer to your children.
The importance of reading cannot be emphasised enough in young children, and we as parents need to make every day reading a high priority.
SadvikaNovember 10, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Love your take in this. I surly agree on all your points. I have started reading books to my preschooler during lockdown. I hope our journey with books continues
Cindy DsilvaNovember 10, 2020 at 7:06 pm
Oh yes we totally bond with reading. Just this month we have started reading during quiet time just before bed. Let’s see how long it lasts.
Dr. Rahat SayyadNovember 11, 2020 at 3:10 am
Reading to kids early has multiple benefits as you rightly elucidated. Lovely post
PratibhaNovember 11, 2020 at 6:44 am
Thank you for this wonderful article , I will definitely pass on these tips to my mom friends !
SnigdhaNovember 11, 2020 at 4:43 pm
All these pointers are really helpful.. we parents should learn our child’s mind.
Arti SinghNovember 11, 2020 at 5:17 pm
Reading is truly the best habbit one can give to his or her kid
IshietaNovember 11, 2020 at 5:53 pm
I absolutely agree! And the amazing thing is, once the child falls in love with reading, its a lifelong love affair, its something that you can rely on – to learn, to entertain, to take you into a new world!
I feel books are also a great source for ongoing learning, even as adults.
Neha JoshiNovember 12, 2020 at 6:09 am
Such a lovely tips really loved reading it. Reading has multiple benefits and introducing it in early age is very much important 😊